July 28, 2012 by Brad Currie
Because of you Twitter I have been engaging and relevant in the following ways:
- Discussed the power of Twitter as it relates to education with Professor Vincent Cho of Boston College
- Participated in a live streaming chat on social media in schools with Asbury Park Press reporter Alesha Boyd
- Presented at Edcamp Leadership on the importance of Twitter in Educator’s lives
- Host a weekly Twitter chat called #Sathat with fellow PLN friend Scott Rocco @scottrrocco
- Have access to over 600 PLN members where we share ideas, articles, docs and collaborate
- Publish a weekly blog post called Engaged and Relevant (Achieved 1,000 hits for monty of July)
- Share the power of Twitter at monthly subject area department meetings during the school year
- Blast out a Daily Bundlenut containing useful EdLinks related to the field of education
- Written articles on the power of social media in schools for various newspapers
- Have been welcomed as a contributing member of the TeacherCast family
- Have access to great minds such as Todd Whitaker and Principal El in the field of education
Most importantly, because of you Twitter I have become a more well-rounded educator who brings back the ideas shared to our classrooms in order to promote the success of all students.
Thank you Twitter.