August 24, 2012 by Brad Currie
There is no doubt that it is a very exciting time to be an educator in New Jersey and for that matter around the world. So many unbelievable things have happened in the past year and so much to look forward to in the future. I am very proud of the accomplishments of my fellow NJ PLN family members as it relates to moving the conversation on education forward. The innovative thinking and best practice iniatives that have transpired recently have changed the way #NJED educators conduct their professional business. A sense of pride is felt knowing that all of these recent innovative educational developments find a way back to the classroom setting and impact student success. With great honor I present to you just a few examples of how the landscape of #NJED has changed in recent months……
1. EdCamp NJ ~ This free inaugral PD event taking place on Saturday, December 1 at Linwood Middle School in North Brunswick, NJ will amaze participants and show the world that educators are passionate and innovative.
2. #NJED ~ Official Twitter hashtag for NJ educators to share, collaborate and connect.
5. Principal Twitter ~ New Milford High School Principal Eric Sheninger has transformed the way educators look at and use social media and technology to engage learners.
6. Governor’s Breakfast ~ Recently a group of #njed educators visited with Governor Christie at his mansion in Princeton to discuss the state of education. This was made possible by Fort Lee Superintendent Steve Engravalle and blogged about by school principal Dr. Spike Cook.
7. Outstanding professional development opportunities have been spearheaded by #njed educators recently ~ Edcamp Leadership, TeachMeetNJ, Padcamp, NJPSA/FEA/NJASCD Fall Conference, EdcampCommonCore, WETECH Symposium, Edscape
8. Google Doc of #njed Educators on Twitter. Please make sure to add your name and Twitter handle.
As you can see it indeed is an exciting time to be an educator in #njed and around the world. It is our charge to move the conversation forward and emerse ourselves in all the great opportunites PLNs provide us through vehicles such as Twitter, Blogs and the like. The landscape of education has changed for the better and will continue to do so with passion and dedication.