December 13, 2012 by Brad Currie
School districts and government bodies need to focus more resources on infusing educational technology and web 2.0 tools the right way. Frustration among various school stakeholders is mounting around the state of New Jersey and across the country. Here a five immediate fixes:
1. Invest in infrastructure that will allow technology to do it’s job.
- Photo Credit: http://www.invizio.com
2. Hire and maintain a robust and well trained tech staff that ensures existing and future educational technology are maintained and work properly.
- Photo Credit: http://www.computerhowtoguide.com
3. Infuse technology coaches in each school building throughout the district so that teachers know how to correctly implement current and emerging technologies.
Photo Credit: http://www4.uwm.edu
4. Provide more time during the school day for teachers and administrators to improve their craft as it relates to technology integration.
5. Use the millions of dollars spent on testing in other ways such as supporting the initiatives above.