What’s On My iPadLeave a comment
August 6, 2013 by Brad Currie
This Thursday Padcamp will take place at Galloway Middle School in the southern part of New Jersey. I am very excited to connect with fellow PLN members and learn about new ways to infuse the iPad in school. Below you will find a list of apps that are on my iPad which push my thinking as a lead learner:
1. Twitter ~ The go to resource for sharing, connecting, and collaborating 24/7.
2. Facebook ~ There are many educators and organizations that have Facebook pages containing great ideas and resources.
3. Linkedin ~ There are a wealth of articles and blog posts related to leadership, education, and technology on Linkedin. Another great way to expand your PLN.
4. Google+ ~ Join educational communities and utilize Google+ to connect with staff.
5. Pinterest ~ Educators pin many great resources on various educational boards using Pinterest. Users can also archive experiences going on in school.
6. Feedly ~ Stay up to date with your favorite bloggers using this news delivery service.
7. Zite ~ A great online magazine containing a wealth of education related information.
8. Google Hangout ~ This app allows users to have a live virtual chat with an educator of their choosing. Check the “on-air” feature to record and archive discussions.
9. Google Drive ~ Collaborate with colleagues on important documents and presentations.
10. TeacherCast ~ Listen to podcasts related to educational technology, best practices, and innovative teaching methods.
Hopefully next week in my reflection post I can add a few more apps that will push limits of our classroom walls. Hope to see you at Padcamp this Thursday at Galloway Middle School.